mandag 23. november 2009

Discovering a secret room at SAM Q8


A neverending well of books - Art piece at the Singapore Museum of Art [SAM] which I found after walking around and around City Hall for 30 minutes. The rest of the museum was dedicated Philipino and Mexican art.

After wandering through the SAM - I went to the SAM 8Q - a contemporary art center with young artists displaying their work a lot which I enjoyed.

My favorite was a room called the Submarine Room - and there were a lot of letter templates displayed. For instance letter templates for friends, for ones loved ones and even for when committing suicide - cause it is important to say it in a letter. I thought the templates were nice - but then I realized that you could walk into the closet amongst the clothes!



At first I didn't think it was a part of the exbibition - so I felt rather rude to just walk into the closet. But inside there was a small white hall and thereafter a smaller hall with all the walls filled with written papers.
And going through this doorway I step out of a small closet into a small room with a couch, a desk, a chair, type writer and some closets and a small television which showed a movie with marching soldiers from the World War II... A bit strange to hear the sound of the marching when going through the closet.


Even if I now thought it was a part of the art piece - I still felt like trespassing. In one of the closets there was a skeleton inside!! Think I would have yelled if anyone had come in - or if they had had some kind of suprising sounds! Then I walked back into the closet and back to the main exhibition again.


Recommendable for those who go to Singapore (now that I ruined the fun of discovering the secret room) :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar